ClickCease Non-compliance of my building, what are my remedies?

Non-compliance of my building, what are my remedies?

Copied to clipboard
  • Ponce Avocats
  • May 01 2023

If you are informed by the city or a neighbor that your building, your title deed or your construction project does not comply with the standards and regulations in force, you can consider several remedies to resolve the situation

Remedies to resolve the situation

Comply with standards and regulations

The first option is to comply with current standards and regulations. This may involve carrying out work or alterations to comply with construction or fit-out requirements.

Apply for an exemption permit

In some cases, it is possible to request a derogation permit from the city to authorize an exception to the standards and regulations. This may require valid justification to justify the request.

Negotiate with the city or the neighbor

In some cases, it may be possible to negotiate with the city or the neighbor to find a satisfactory solution for all parties. This can include compromises on compliance requirements or financial compensation agreements.

Take legal action

If the other options are not possible or do not give satisfactory results, it may be necessary to take legal action to assert your rights. This may include seeking an injunction to stop an illegal action or seeking a reversal to challenge a city decision. It is important to consult a real estate lawyer to determine the best recourse option in your case.

Ponce Law Firm

Request a legal consultation

  • Full support
  • Legal expertise
  • Saving time and money
  • Personalized advice
  • Litigation management
  • Network of professionals

Articles related to legal remedies