Reinforced by our technical knowledge and enriched by a seasoned professional experience, we master a set of transversal skills in the construction sector. By working with building technicians, we are able to support you through various legal issues.
Complete assistance in construction law
We offer comprehensive support in construction law. We are a team of legal advisers in construction law, mastering commercial law in addition to corporate law.
- Drafting of documents and contracts
- Performance evaluation
- Contract award
- Legal representation
Personalized and concrete advice for your needs
We provide our clients with personalized and practical advice and solutions to effectively meet different needs. We support you throughout the legal process.
- Negotiation and drafting of contracts
- Compliance Analysis and Warranties
- Equivalence application
- Performance evaluation
- Insolvency situation in an ongoing project
Expertise for complex works
Versatility with construction professionals
We advise and represent general and specialized contractors, as well as suppliers, developers, investors and owners in construction disputes.
- Dispute between contractors, subcontractors, professionals and/or suppliers
- Dispute between owner, contractor and construction workers
- Mediation of disputes between contractors
Contact our lawyers now
Choosing the best construction law lawyer in Montreal
To select the best construction law lawyer in Montreal, consider several factors. First, the lawyer's expertise in the construction field is crucial. Make sure the lawyer or firm has extensive experience handling cases similar to yours.
Second, check the reputation of the lawyer. Check online reviews, ask for references, and find out how their previous cases fared.
Next, consider the level of service offered. Is the lawyer easily accessible? Does it provide regular updates on your case? A good lawyer should be both professional and attentive to your needs.
Finally, don't neglect the cost . Make sure you understand how the attorney charges for their services and whether those costs fit your budget.
The skills required for a specialist real estate lawyer
A lawyer specializing in real estate law must have a range of skills to excel in his field.
He must have in-depth knowledge of real estate law and construction law . This includes understanding laws, regulations, licenses and permits, as well as aspects related to town planning and expropriation. He must be able to interpret and apply these laws in the context of specific real estate projects.
Drafting contracts is also a key skill. The lawyer must be able to draft clear and precise legal documents, including construction and sales contracts.
Arbitration and dispute resolution are also essential skills. In the event of a dispute, the lawyer must be able to effectively represent his clients in court or during arbitration sessions.
Finally, the lawyer must demonstrate integrity , collaboration and trust . These values are essential for establishing and maintaining strong relationships with customers and other stakeholders.
What is the role of a law firm in construction law?
A construction law firm offers valuable legal expertise for those in the real estate sector. The latter can be made up of project owners, contractors, architects, or individuals carrying out a real estate project. Law firms specializing in this area have several responsibilities:
Defense of clients' rights and interests: They are responsible for representing their clients before the courts, advising them, and resolving disputes that concern them.
- Legal assistance : They help their clients avoid problems related to construction law with their legal skills.
- Drafting and analysis of contracts : They are involved in the preparation of construction contracts, their interpretation and their application.
- Real estate law advice : They assist clients in all their real estate construction processes, including technical aspects, thanks to their knowledge of the building sector.
These skills allow them to effectively resolve legal issues related to construction or real estate.
Why hire a construction law lawyer?
Calling on a construction law lawyer brings several advantages, in particular to complicate the legal issues of the sector.
- Increased Experience : An experienced attorney in this area has extensive knowledge of construction-specific laws and regulations. He can therefore provide sound advice and help navigate the complex legal aspects of your projects.
- Dispute Prevention : The lawyer can help prevent disputes before they arise. For example, he can draft clear and precise contracts to minimize the risk of misunderstandings or conflicts.
- Representation in the event of a dispute : If a dispute arises, the construction law lawyer can effectively represent your interests, whether in court or during arbitration sessions.
- Strategic Advice : In addition to their legal expertise, these attorneys can also provide strategic advice on various aspects of your construction projects. This can include everything from financing questions to licensing issues.
- Risk Management : A lawyer can identify potential legal risks and help you manage them before they become major problems.
How to find the right real estate lawyer in Quebec?
To find the right real estate lawyer in Quebec, start by clearly defining your needs. Evaluate the complexity of your file, the type of project and possible disputes. Then, searching online is a good place to start. Use specific keywords related to your needs, such as “lawyer specializing in construction law in Quebec”.
Review the search results carefully. Pay attention to firms with recognized expertise and solid experience in real estate law. Visit their websites to learn more about their services and approach.
Take into account customer reviews available online. They can provide insight into the quality of service and satisfaction level of previous customers.
Do not hesitate to contact several firms to discuss your case. This will allow you to assess their availability, professionalism and ask questions about their experience in cases similar to yours.
Finally, keep in mind that the attorney-client relationship is based on trust. Choose someone you feel comfortable with and who understands your goals.
What are the jobs and interim in the field of construction law?
The construction law sector offers numerous employment and temporary employment opportunities. Law firms, construction companies, government agencies, and other organizations are looking for qualified professionals in this field.
For attorneys, positions often include responsibilities such as drafting and analyzing construction contracts, representing clients in litigation, and assisting with regulatory compliance.
Interims, meanwhile, can cover a range of temporary roles, including legal advisory, contract analysis and project management positions.
Generally, these positions require expertise in construction law, including in-depth knowledge of relevant laws and regulations, negotiation and problem-solving skills, and an ability to work effectively with various stakeholders.
Job vacancies in this field are usually published on specialist job websites, legal recruitment platforms, as well as on the websites of law firms and construction companies.
Legal services related to construction law
Construction and engineering
The lawyers in our Construction and Engineering team provide services at all stages of project development to a wide range of project owners, institutional investors, project sponsors, developers, occupiers, contractors , subcontractors, financiers,...
We represent the interests of owners, contractors, design professionals and insurers in a variety of construction-related disputes. Our clients trust our high-level legal expertise to advance their interests in complex construction projects....
Construction generally involves significant costs for the construction, renovation or improvement of infrastructure. To protect contractors against the risk of not being paid by their clients, the law provides for a security measure called the legal...
Have you discovered a construction, floor, construction or design defect on your property and you were not aware of its existence at the time of purchase? Are you now facing a latent defect lawsuit? Our law firm in hidden defects in construction is...
The development of the project to the representation of the client in disputes
- Planning and scheduling
- Administration and monitoring of contracts
- Management of changes and complaints, including their review, analysis and evaluation
- Project tracking and reporting, including overall cost, schedule and progress control
Technical compliance and urban planning
- Technical compliance analysis of construction projects
- Regulatory compliance at the federal and provincial levels
- Licenses, acquired rights and expropriation
- Granting and authorization of building permits, compliance with town planning and zoning
- The study of private or public tenders
Transactions and project financing
- Advice on real estate transactions
- Taxation related to construction projects
- Project financing
- Representation in matters of rights of action in the field of construction
Me Claude Coursol (LL.B.)
Me Claude Coursol has been a member of the Barreau du Québec since 1982. During all these years, Me Coursol has acquired solid experience before the courts, whether administrative or judicial, as well as before arbitration committees.
Without abandoning other areas of law, Me Coursol has over time concentrated his practice in real estate law, construction law and in the context of GCR guarantee plans. At the same time, he has developed an enviable expertise in passenger transport law, particularly by car taxi, to this end, he regularly appears before the Commission des Transports du Québec.
The collaboration of Me Coursol is regularly solicited by the media in order to interpret and popularize notions of law. In addition, he regularly acts as a trainer or speaker. He also contributes to the writing of popular legal works intended for the general public.
(450) 903-8950 ext. 0348
Thanks to our adapted legal advice, avoid mistakes that could be costly and avoid long years of proceedings.